Health insurance is a general term for covering the expenditures of medical treatments. However, your health plan may cover minor medical conditions such as hypertension. Hypertension, also known as excessive blood pressure, is dangerous. Since this condition necessitates ongoing treatment, including hypertension in your health insurance plan is crucial.
What Exactly Is Hypertension?
Hypertension is a medical condition where individuals face persistently elevated blood pressure. Untreated, it can lead to cardiac failure, stroke, or artery disease.
Blood pressure in humans is typically 120/800 mmHg. Blood pressure ranges between 130-139 mmHg (systolic) and 80-89 mmHg (diastolic) in cases of hypertension.
Does Health Insurance Cover High Blood Pressure?
Under certain conditions, regular medical insurance may cover hospitalisation for hypertension. Your health insurance coverage may not include certain services, such as OPD consultations and medications. Please feel free to contact your health insurance provider to understand the precise coverage your health plan provides.*
You must also consider the waiting period and pre-existing disease clauses when purchasing the policy. Therefore, if you are susceptible to hypertension, you should buy health insurance to cover the cost of treatment.
Insurance Coverage For Hypertension Under A Health Plan
If you’re wondering what is health insurance coverage, here’s what you need to know. In India, hypertension treatment is comprehensively covered by health insurance. The terms & conditions of your policy may include the following coverages.
- The patient is eligible for cashless hospitalisation if they receive treatment in a network facility. This is a wonderful relief as it alleviates the burden of arranging funds for hospital expenses. It also eliminates the nuisance of reimbursement requests.*
- Hypertension insurance can cover unclaimed OPD expenses that the patient typically incurs. Few insurance companies offer this coverage as an optional policy addition.
Why Is Hypertension Health Insurance Necessary?
Medical costs associated with hypertension can be detrimental to your financial health. A claim denial can exacerbate the situation if your health insurance policy does not cover hypertension. While looking for health insurance plans for your family, consider purchasing a health plan that covers hypertension. This will assist in alleviating the financial burden of costly medical care.* It offers:
- Cashless Hospitalization: Cashless hospitalisation lets you receive treatment at network hospitals without immediate payment. Your insurer settles the bills directly, easing financial stress during medical emergencies.
- OPD Expenses (Outpatient Department): Some policies cover outpatient costs like doctor visits, tests, and medications. This helps manage routine healthcare expenses, especially for checkups and chronic conditions.
- Annual Health Checkup: Many plans offer a yearly health checkup, often at reduced or no cost. It promotes preventive care, early detection, and overall well-being, potentially reducing long-term health expenses.
Important Information If You Have Hypertension
There are numerous causes of hypertension. However, even with hypertension, you can live a healthy existence if you adopt healthy lifestyle habits. Here are a few factors you must consider:
- Eating nutritious food and an abundance of vegetables can have miraculous effects.
- Managing your weight is a good place to begin. Avoid weight gain at all costs.
- Increase your potassium intake and reduce your calorie, sugar, and fat intake.
- Include exercise in your daily routine & monitor your blood pressure daily.
- Reduce your intake of salted foods, as sodium causes blood pressure to rise.
Hypertension is becoming more prevalent in modern times due to a sedentary and fast-paced lifestyle. Maintaining healthy lifestyle practices can be beneficial as a precaution. The purchase of a health insurance policy will provide financial protection for hypertension. You can now purchase health insurance online in a few easy steps.
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Youtube Channel here!
*Standard T&C Apply
^ Claims are subject to terms and conditions set forth under the general health insurance policy.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.